Overview of Dark Learning

NASA tells us that roughly 95% of the universe is invisible and undetectable by humans and our technology: roughly 27% is what physicists call “dark matter” and the remaining 68% of the universe is considered “dark energy.”

Learning gurus estimate the prevalence of informal learning used to transfer skills and knowledge in the enterprise to be between 70 to 90% of all job based learning. The remaining 10% or so is what is tracked by the enterprise -- visible learning.

Dark Learning is an agile approach to learning that emphasizes transparent transfer of behaviors, skills and abilities. Dark Learning is not a new approach to developing e-learning, instructor-led training and job aids.

 

Picture1

Next Steps...

Learn more about Dark Learning and see how you can help define the next generation of agile learning approaches.